Highly-motivated individual to help keep plastic materials out of landfills. Individuals should have research and development skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with room for advancement. Tasks include finding new and innovative approach to selling to selling complex plastics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Find and qualify new customers for product concepts outside of the core product line
- Research technical data (chemical resistance, high impact strength, clarity weather ability, high flow, and melt index.
- Performs basic technical development, analyses, and research based on formulas and product requirements
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations to gather information relevant to product, competitors, customers and industry trends.
- From research and development processes determines potential clients with specialized or complex needs
- Stay current on product testing procedures and processes to experience zero quality failures in the market place
- Maintain weekly and monthly goals
- Work within in the policies and procedures of Sales Department
- Developing long term relationships with procured clientele
- Design and create marketing campaign in Constant Contact
- Send out product flyers and post material advertisements on B2B websites
- Understand product grade, quality, form and vast knowledge of plastic polymers.
- Work with other departments to provide clients with pertinent information
- Create sample package containing necessary information and send to customers
- Monitor order bookings by coordinating with logistics manager
- Provide customer with loading photos once available
- Follow-up with accounting to ensure correct customer information.
- Keep CMS updated, with existing, new and potential customer information.
- Create Dispatch Orders from PO's for material
- Develop support material for other members of sales team
- Generate sales and open order report, and update current "best": price
- Assist India office with necessary information and or pictures
- Other tasks as assigned by Sr. Sales Manager
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communications skills a must
- Research and Development background
- Prefer experience with International customer base
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset
EDUCATION: High School Graduate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be organized
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Office
- Be able to work independently
- Willing to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Punctual and consistent
- Data Management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel