Green Sustainable Solutions, Florence, South Carolina
GSS is looking for a management level Quality Manager who certify the integrity of our products and brand.
As a leader in the wood packaging market, we strive to provide customers with excellent product time and time again.
Our customers rely on our packaging services to ensure their products reach clients safe and sounds. The open position at
our Florence, SC manufacturing plant is an opportunity for the right candidate to show leadership skills, communicate with
customers on a high level, and instill company values in all employees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with Customer and Plant Manager and have firm understanding of products which need to be produced to meet daily and weekly demands.
- Inspects goods prior to being loaded on trucks for appearance, strength, and quality
- Maintain spec sheets for 300+ products
- Coordinate with maintenance for spot checks of jigs and tooling
- Perform spot checks on procedures in all process of plant
- Document employees whom are in violation of plant standards and procedures
- Sign off on each and every product leaving Florence production facility
- Maintain Time & Production Reports
- Suggest and Implement change in working conditions/ equipment usage
- Safety Training
- Minimum 5 years in Manufacturing Plant environment
- Knowledge of wood manufacturing is a plus
- Background in quality and product specifications
- Background in OSHA and safety protocol
- Organizational, verbal and written communications training
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
EDUCATION: 4 year degree in Manufacturing/ Engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills and personality
- Ability to oversee 30-40 person operations
- Ability to collaborate with other management staff
- Strong knowledge and commitment to quality
- Ability to instill confidence in customer needs