JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs software and application installation/upgrades.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems;
- Trains users on network operation;
- Provides problem monitoring and tracking and ensure unresolved IT problems are added to the work backlog.
- Monitor and track the status of all problems until resolution using In House IT Support Ticketing System
- Manages on-site repairs and maintenance of personal and laptop computers, anti-virus SW, wireless technology, and MS applications;
- Conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting
- Entry level desktop hardware/software
- Email accounts
- LAN access problems
- Basic network cabling knowledge
* Some help desk experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support systems and applications.
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here